One of the most challenging journeys we face in this lifetime is helping, nurturing and Read more
Super easy brunch or light dinner. Cook pumpkin the night before while doing dinner or on your Sunday session to make it easier & just warm pumpkin in oven while prepping the rest.
Great dinner, lunch or school lunchbox option. Gluten free, plus a dairy free option. Make a double batch for dinner and freeze extras for later, when strapped for time.
Fancy a dip at a moments notice but want to lose all the cream cheese and fillers you get in so often these days. Here’s your answer. And it’s dairy free, gluten free and vegan. Enjoy with celery or other veggie sticks (zucchini, carrot, cucumber…) or linseed crackers.
Sensational brain food. Did you know your brain is your hungriest organ? It accounts for 2% of body weight, but uses 25% od oxygen we breathe, up to 50% of carbs we eat and 20% of heart’s output of blood. Your brain possesses the capacity to change, and given the right nutrients, it’s ability to function is enhanced. Better food choices can lead to faster neural signalling, and improved focus and learning.
Sick of soggy salads and always pushed for time when prepping meals? Well here is a solution to both. Mason Jar Salads are easy, simple and delicious. You can prep up to 4 days ahead when you know the formula.
The how to:
- Find a wide mouthed glass jar with a lid. Easy to stack and pour.
- Prep a range of salad ingredients, protein of choice and dressing.
- Layer one, the liquid zone, 1-4 Tablespoon salad dressing.
- Layer two, hard non-absorbent vegetable zone, like baby tomatoes, carrot, green beans.
- Layer three, protein zone, chicken, quinoa, fish, chickpea, bean mix, ensure they are cool to avoid cooking other ingredients.
- Layer four, absorbent vegetable zone, mushroom, broccoli, beets, cucumber, sprouts, zucchini. Can also add seeds, nuts and cheese here.
- Layer five, leafy green zone, spinach, rocket, baby kale, spinach, mixed lettuce.
- Store in fridge.
- Pour into a bowl to serve or eat it from the jar.
I love to have a variety of ingredients to shake it up a little and create a few variations for the week. Here is just one of them. Have fun, get creative, make it your own.
Love this seafood broth for an easy & delicious meal.