Zucchini slice is ridiculously easy to make and versatile as a meal or snack. I often make it when I am overloaded with eggs from our hens. It’s great hot or cold, which means it’s perfect for school lunches.
Makes 1 slice – 12 pieces
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup parmesan, fetta or tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour
- ½ cup of oil – coconut, ghee, ricebran
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a non-stick lamington tin.
- Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, flour and cheese in a large bowl. Add oil and lightly beaten eggs, and mix. Season with a little salt and pepper. Pour into lamington tin.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
Note: Experiment with different vegetables you have on hand – mushrooms, tomato, corn kernels, grated carrot, shallots, shredded beans, and leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version.
If you like it share it.