Great dinner, lunch or school lunchbox option. Gluten free, plus a dairy free option. Make a double batch for dinner and freeze extras for later, when strapped for time.
- 4 medium zucchinis, washed and trimmed
- 1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 chilli (red or green), finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 4 tablespoons quinoa flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch paprika, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 250 ml goat’s yoghurt OR 2 small avocadoes & 1 tsp chilli paste (if desired)
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- sea salt freshly ground
- black pepper
- Coarsely grate zucchinis into a collander.
- Push down grated zucchini and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place onto kitchen paper to soak up extra moisture for a few minutes.
- Transfer zucchini to a bowl and add coriander, onion, chilli, flours, baking powder, a pinch of salt, cumin and turmeric.
- Combine eggs, mix well.
- Divide mixture into eight patties.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium–high heat cook for roughly 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Combine yogurt, lemon zest and mint in a small bowl, season to taste and mix well, then sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve fritters warm alongside a dollop of yoghurt dip and 2 lime wedges. For dairy free option substitute yogurt for avocado and add 1 tsp chilli paste.
If you like it, share it.