Thyroid Symptoms – What are Typical Symptoms of a Poorly Functioning Thyroid?
The thyroid, a butterfly-shaped gland in the center of your neck, is the master gland of metabolism. How well your thyroid is functioning is inter-related with every system in your body. If your thyroid is not running optimally, then neither are you. – Hypothyroid Mum
Thyroid Symptoms – In the case of hypothyroidism or Hashimoto’s Disease, the typical symptoms are:
- fatigue, exhaustion
- feeling run down and sluggish
- difficulty concentrating, brain fog
- unexplained or excessive weight gain
- inability to lose weight no matter what you do
- anxiety attacks
- brain fog
- dry, coarse and/or itchy skin
- dry, coarse and/or thinning hair
- feeling cold, especially in the extremities
- constipation, indigestion
- muscle cramps
- irregular periods
Thyroid Symptoms – In the case of hyperthyroidism or Graves’ Disease, the symptoms would be:
- heart palpitations
- increased perspiration
- thinning of your skin
- fine brittle hair
- muscular weakness especially involving the upper arms and thighs
- shaky hands
- panic disorder
- racing heart
- more frequent bowel movements
- weight loss despite a good appetite
- weight gain for no good reason
- hair loss
- lighter flow, less frequent menstrual periods.
Let me help you get back on track to feeling great again at my clinic at Mount Martha.
I have in-house thyroid testing with results on the spot. Just call 0438593523 for details. Or contact me through my online contact form.