This is a great drink to warm you up on a cool night and has loads of health benefits.
Turmeric helps with any inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or aches and pain. It has also been proven to help prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, depression, improve brain function and delays age-related chronic diseases.
Ginger is also well known for it’s anti-inflammatory effects and increases circulation and aids digestion.
- 1 cup of nut (almond, cashew, etc), rice or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp finely ground or chopped fresh turmeric or 3/4 tsp powdered turmeric
- small piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely ground or chopped
- dash of organic cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 tsp honey, coconut nectar, rice malt syrup or other organic sweetener
- Dash of cinnamon and cardamon
- Place milk in a saucepan or vitamix and gently warm.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir till combined.
- You can strain if you wish. ENJOY.