Delicious salad packed with nutrients and loaded with the golden spice, turmeric, which reduces inflammation and aids detoxification. You can team it with grilled fish or chicken or a protein of your choice.
- 100g quinoa
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 75g currants
- 40g coriander leaves and stalks finely chopped
- 2 corn cobs, kernels sliced off the husk
- 3 kale leaves, stems discarded, leaves washed, roughly torn (or greens of your choice)
- 35g slivered almonds, lightly toasted
Lemony coconut dressing:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch cayenne or chilli powder
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa with 375ml boiling water, turmeric, fenugreek, mustard seeds and currants by covering with a lid and bringing to boil, then simmering for 10 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Test to see if soft and cooked through before removing from heat. If not cooked, add another 125ml boiling water and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add quinoa to large serving bowl. Add corianders stalks, corn and toss to combine, then leave for few minutes to cool slightly.
- Put all dressing ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Toss through coriander leaves, kale and almonds. Drizzle dressing over salad.
If you like it, share it.