Sick of rolling out of bed day after day…serial snoozing your alarm and feeling overwhelmed, stressed and scattered all day long?
Want to live your best life not just exist?
Here is a fantastic framework for doing just that called SAVERS by Hal Edrod, author of Morning Miracles.
1. S for Silence – Instead of hitting the snooze button, then rushing through the day stressed and overwhelmed, invest time just sitting in purposeful silence. As you sit in silence, you relax your body, quieten your mind and allow your stress to melt away. Developing a deeper sense of clarity, purpose and direction.
It could be a prayer of gratitude and appreciation, listening to a meditation app for 10 minutes, breathing deeply and centring yourself with feet on the floor for 2 minutes. For me this is a 20 minute Headspace meditation.
2. A for Affirmations – Affirm with emotion & feeling statements to remind you of your unlimited potential, your most important goals and the actions that are required today to achieve them. Reminding yourself of how capable you are motivates you. Touching on which actions you must take, re-energises you to focus on doing what’s necessary today to move you towards where you desire.
This may be “How can I lovingly improve on the greatness that already exists?”, “Life is happening for me not to me”, “I am gratitude. I am courage”. Find one that sits right with you then develop and add to it over time.
3. V for Visualisation – Now close your eyes and visualise what it will look like and feel like when you reach your goals or desires. Seeing your ideal vision increases your belief that it’s possible and your desire to make it a reality. Your brain does not know the difference.
4. E for Exercise – Move your body to increase the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain. This could be as little as 5 minutes or ideally 20-30 minutes. The aim is to raise your heart rate, generate energy, alertness and focus.
I personally stretch for 5 minutes each morning, then get my heart rate up by jogging, skipping, pilates, strength training either arms, abs, butt/legs for a total of 30 minutes. Do what suits your body.
5. R for Reading – Listen, read or watch something inspiring that helps you learn a new idea or concept that you can incorporate into the day to improve your relationships, mindset or work. This can take just 5 minutes or 1 page. Youtube can be wonderful here.
Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Brene Brown, Tony Robbins, Shaun Achor…….and so so many more.
6. S for Scribing – Write in your journal 3 things you are grateful for, 1 thing you are proud about yourself and top 1-3 things you are committed to creating that day. By doing this you create clarity and motivation that you need to take action.
How would you feel if this is how you started the beginning of each day.
How would the quality of your day & your life improve?
Make it a must and watch your life soar and your dreams come to fruition.
Start with as little as 1 minute for each of these steps. I personally wrap it all into my hour of power each morning. Taking 30 minutes for exercise & 20 mins for silent meditation, the rest in few minute blocks.
If you like it share it.