All I will say is yummm! I often make extra to have for lunch the next day. These fish cakes also work brilliantly on an Asian salad.
160 g snapper fillet, bones and skin removed
160 g salmon fillet, bones and skin removed
160 g peeled raw prawns
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
3 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
3 egg whites
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 kaffir limes leaves, shredded
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tablespoon avocado oil
100 g (1/2 cup) quinoa
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
small handful fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves chopped
- Finely chop the snapper, salmon and prawns in a food processor.
- Add coriander, fish sauce, chilli sauce, egg whites, garlic, lime leaves, lemon zest and juice and avocado oil.
- Mix together briefly. Shape into 8 patties.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and cook the patties in batches for 3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, wash the quinoa in plenty of cold water and drain.
- Put in a saucepan with 250 ml (1 cup) of water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then mix with lemon zest, juice and coriander.
- Serve the fish cakes on a bed of quinoa with a side salad.