Fresh, healthy, flavoursome and easy to make.
- 4 medium calamari tubes
- 1 tablespoon peanut or sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander roots & stems, washed & roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint or vietnamese mint, roughly torn
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, roughly torn
- 1 cup fresh brean sprouts
- 2 french shallots, finely sliced
- 3 cups mixed asian salad leaves, washed & drained
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Cut calamari tube open down one side. Lay flat, with inside facing up. Score lighly at angle diagonally, making criss-cross pattern. Cut into 4cm square pieces. Drizzle with peanut oil.
- Combine in food processor, garlic, chilli, coriander roots & stem, lime juice, fish sauce & brown sugar. Blend until combined & put aside.
- Preheat BBQ grill on high. Grill calamari in two batches for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until browned. Place in a bowl, add half dressing & toss until combined.
- Combine mint leaves, salad greens, coriander leaves, bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Plate with salad and calamari on top with remaining dressing drizzled over it. Garnish with lime wedges.
If you like it share it.