2 Essentials To Staying Well This Winter – Healthy Winter Tips
Healthy Winter Tips – Did you know the key to wellness this winter is a great inner terrain? How do you tell if your inner terrain is NOT right?
- Low energy, especially morning and mid afternoon
- Feel inflamed, achy
- Brain fog
- Craving sugar
- Feel irritable, restless
- Gaining weight around middle and can’t lose it
If this sounds like you… immune problems may already be there or not far away.
Sore throat, chesty cough, blocked nose? On antibiotics, have thrush? Have an autoimmune disease – asthma, psoriasis, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis…..?
How to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection – Biggest Secret To Preventing Colds and Infections
“Why do we get sick?”
How to Get Rid of a Sinus Infection – The prevailing belief, instilled by Louis Pasteur, centuries ago was we got sick because of germs – the Germ Theory. Which says when you’re surrounded by germs you’ll get invaded by them unless you protect yourself. Which in theory would mean every time we’re exposed to a germ we’d get sick.
Which just isn’t true!
Have you ever been surrounded by sick people at work or home but managed to escape with good health? I know I have…often. Touch wood…. I haven’t had a cold for many years and have pretty much lost count.
Makes you think twice about that germ theory idea…..huh.
Here’s where Antoine Bechamp, Louis Pasteur’s arch-rival comes in, he advocated the Terrain Theory.
“The primary cause of disease is in us, always in us.” – Antoine Bechamp
Natural Flu-fighting Tea Recipe
BRRRRR…..It’s cold and flu season, again!
And the classic natural medicine philosophy is “It’s not the germ, it’s the terrain”.
Which means that by building a healthy body and immune system it creates an environment that germs don’t want to live in. Prevention is key.
Immune Boosting Chicken Soup Recipe – Can chicken soup really cure a cold? I won’t go so far as to claim it’s a miracle healer, but I will say that a good chicken soup can boost your immune system and improve your chances of beating a virus.
Well, it’s no magic potion in this day and age, but it may as well be. Chicken soup has several properties that make it useful in the treatment of certain illnesses:
- Cleansing. “Plenty of fluids” is often advised when you’re ill. A body full of attacking allergens (like a virus) and battling antibodies needs to be flushed in order to get healthy. To that effect, the abundant broth in chicken soup performs aptly.
- Disinfecting. Chicken soup is generally fairly salty (with lower-sodium versions), so that when it goes down your throat it acts in much the same way as gargling warm salt water. In other words, it removes bacteria in the throat, mouth, and tonsils.
- Clears sinuses. Much like other warm liquids (for example, tea), it can help to clear the sinuses with steam.
- Strengthening. The lean protein in chicken and nutrients from added vegetables work to bolster your strength when your body is feeling drained of energy. – Live Lighter