Stumbled across kelp noodles recently. Great alternative to wheat and grain based pastas and taste great. Here is a simple no cook recipe to get you started for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup kelp noodles
- 1/2 cup red capscium, finely diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mango, finely diced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sesame seeds and 1 cup of protein of your choice (prawns, diced poached chicken, fish, tofu) (if desired)
- Rinse and drain kelp noodles, 2-3 times.
- Dry noodles of excess water, by placing on towel and covering with another towel. Cut into smaller pieces, if desired, with scissors. Set aside.
- For dressing, place half the broccoli, mango and capscium and all the other ingredients in a blender. Blend. (Note kelp noodles do better with a thicker sauce.)
- Mix through noodles then add remaining mango, broccoli and capsicum to the top of noodles and toss through.
- Add sesame seeds and a protein of your choice, if desired.
If you like it, share it.