Personal favourite of mine in summer – simple, tasty, packed with nutrients. Micro greens or herbs are a sensational addition if you can find them at the markets. I’ve found them at organic vegetable stalls bundled in bags. Add a protein of your choice to keep you satisfied for longer – chickpeas, pine nuts, pistachio, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, fresh fish, poached chicken, boiled egg, sliced lamb…… Fantastic for lunch or dinner.
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 2 big handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1 big handful sprouts, of your choice (or micro greens if available)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 250 g cherry tomato, halved
- 6 spring onion, sliced
- 1 bunch mint, remove stalks, chop leaves
- 1 bunch parsley, big stalks removed, chopped
- ½ tsp Sea, Himalayan or Celtic salt
- Pepper, freshy ground
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil or flaxseed oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate molasses, optional (if available)
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Mix. Pour over salad just before serving and mix well.
- Serve with a protein of your choice.
If you like it share it.