- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander stems (optional)
- 7-8cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 250g dried red whole lentils, rinsed (from deli or health food store)
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 3 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1-2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- coconut cream (optional – to garnish)
- Heat oil in large heavy-based saucepan over gentle heat, add onion, celery, coriander stems and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, ground coriander and curry powder and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Add lentils, vegetables and stock.
- Continue to cook over gentle heat for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
For something extra special, drizzle a little coconut cream through the soup when in a bowl & sprinkle with coriander leaves.
If you like it, share it.