Spice up your lunch routine with these smokey falafel burgers! Smoked paprika is a less spicy and sweeter variety of cayenne pepper, and adds a unique flavor to this Mediterranean classic.
These falafel burgers use smoked paprika and cayenne pepper for a double dose of antioxidants!
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (packed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup quick oats (gluten free)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, red onion, garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, smoked paprika, chili powder and sea salt. Blend until smooth, similar to a chunky hummus! Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in quick oats and shredded carrots.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop mixture and form into patties. Place evenly on parchment paper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until crispy and firm to touch.
Serve alone or in a pita sandwich, enjoy!