Winter, the season of slow cooking. Throw it together the night before, flick the slow cook switch before work. Tasty, nutritious meal when you arrive home. Yay!
- 3 organic free range chicken breats, cut into strips
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 200g celeriac, peeled, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp cocnut oil or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp curry paste or powder
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- sea salt, ground pepper
- 300ml chicken stock
- 200ml cocnut cream
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in pan, cook chicken until browned. Add to slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger to pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softens.
- Stir into pan, curry paste or powder, turmeric, chilli and seasoning.
- Add stock into pan, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer contents to slow cooker. Add parsnip, celeriac and carrots to slow cooker.
- Put on lid, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- In the last hour add coconut cream. Just before serving garnish with fresh coriander.
If you like it share it.