Great way to add protein into your diet if you are practicing ‘Meatless Monday’ or are vegetarian. Or just want a salad with a bit more body to it. Feel free to tweek it by adding more colourful vegetables – tomatoes, carrot or even a boiled egg. You could pre-cook the lentils the day before to make it even easier to throw together.
- 1/2 cup puy lentils
- 1/3 cup diced spring onions
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh marjoram
- 5-6 large handfuls baby rocket
- 2 oz goats cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced or silvered almonds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to the boil in a pot. Add lentils, spring onions, salt & pepper. Reduce heat & let simmer until lentils are tender and water has been absorbed, 22 to 25 minutes. If lentils are not tender but water has been absorbed, add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook. When lentils are cooked, stir in fresh marjoram.
- Place washed rocket on a platter or in a bowl and sprinkle with cooked lentils, goats cheese and almonds.
- In a jar, with a tight fitting lid, shake together ingredients for the dressing & pour over salad to serve.
If you love it share it.
Do you have any great recipes you would love to share? Just comment below.