An all time classic with a healthy twist. Serve it with plenty of steamed vegetables or a crisp green salad.
- 1 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 400g tomato passata
- 1 sachet salt reduced tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 small jap pumpkin, skin removed and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C.
- Heat oil in large pan and saute garlic and onion over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the lumps.
- Add passata, tomato paste, herbs and spices and cook over low heat until the excess liquid evaporates.
- Steam pumpkin until soft. Mash with butter, salt and pepper.
- Add grated vegetables to meat mixture and transfer to 18cm baking dish, spreading until even.
- Bake for 20 minutes and finish under the grill so top is crispy and brown.
If you like it share it.