Life Coach Mount Martha – Self-Love – What is it? 20+ Ways to Make It Happen
” Self-love requires you to be honest about your current choices and thought patterns and undertake new practices that reflect self-worth.” ~Caroline Kirk
Life Coach Mount Martha – Self-love – what does it actually mean?
Well, it is more than just pampering ourselves with bubble baths, pedicures, and cucumber masks?
It is about being present in mind, body and spirit, stepping into my own power, meeting your own needs rather than relying on someone else to meet them. You are responsible for your own happiness.
Self-love is about filling up your inner tank. You can only love others as much as you love yourself. Self-love is not a destination it’s a practice. It is the foundation upon which we build a happy life.
Rake it from this Life Coach Mount Martha, without self-love, we have nowhere to put the love or abundance that comes to us.
Not sure what it looks like to love yourself? Here are a few tips. Self-love is…
1. Choosing ourselves, even if it means upsetting others and not being popular anymore. Even if it means we leave a party before anyone else because we feel tired, overwhelmed, or just plain feel done with the crowd.
2. Telling what is true for us, not swallowing words that express what we truly feel, think, or want to do.
3. Giving our body the nurturing, rest, exercise, and comfort it needs to the best of our ability.
4. Wearing clothes that make us feel good and fit our personality instead of wearing clothes that are in fashion that we use to impress others.
5. Building a life that we love while we are single instead of waiting for our prince/princess to show up to explore life and to be happy.
6. Accepting ourselves with the good, the bad, the ugly, the sexy, and the smelly—all of it—and appreciating ourselves as whole people.
7. Making time to do whatever we love, just to play, without worrying about wasting time.
8. Owning our inner and outer beauty and complimenting ourselves without feeling guilty, arrogant, or entitled.
9. Not rehashing our past mistakes and dragging ourselves to a dark place when we know that we can only learn from the past; we can’t change it.
10. Spending some quality, connected time with ourselves instead of always watching TV or wasting time on the Internet.
11. Using discretion when sharing our heart, self, and dreams with others.
12. Trusting the path that our soul is on and making a genuine effort to become a conscious co-creator of our destiny.
13. Not blaming our parents for our current issues, and looking for ways to heal our wounds and change our dysfunctional patterned behaviours by reaching out to ministers, therapists, coaches, and healers.
14. Following what our gut/intuition says instead of living out of our brain and ego.
15. Staying in our integrity, both when it comes to ourselves and when interacting with others out in the world. This includes keeping ourselves in check regarding patterns such as lying, manipulating, co-depending, withholding, and pretending.
16. Allowing ourselves to dream big, without contaminating these dreams with judgments, our perceived limitations, or a lack of sense of deserving.
17. Knowing how we’re spending our emotional, mental, financial, and physical energy, and whether these activities bring back joy, connection, nurturing rest, and creativity to our lives.
18. Taking responsibility for all of our experiences. Knowing that we have the ability to a deeper self-awareness and access to our intuition when it comes to making life choices.
19. Not labelling ourselves with others’ opinions of us, while having the courage to look inside to see if there might be some truth to them.
20. Learning to set boundaries that protect and nurture our relationships, with ourselves and others.
21. Allowing ourselves to make mistakes and not berating ourselves for making them. Instead, choosing to appreciate our desire to learn and grow.
22. Refusing to seek permission or approval to be ourselves. Recognizing that we, like everyone else, deserve to take up space on this planet just as who we are right now.
And lastly, self-love is:
23. Loving and accepting ourselves even when we fail miserably at some of these self-love goals.
No one else can offer these things to us. Even if we land the best partner on the planet, this person won’t be able to make us happy and feel loved unless we create the space for it inside by practising self-love. This is why self-love is an inside job.
From my heart to your heart…
If you love it my blog Life Coach Mount Martha – Self-Love – What is it? 20+ Ways to Make It Happen, share it! If you need more information, please contact me.