Asian style Peanut Satay Sauce used as accompaniment to finger food, meats, salads, stir fries and rice.
- ½ tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped – deseed to reduce heat
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, crunchy
- 1 x 400ml coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the garlic, onion and chilli over a moderate heat until onion is soft.
- Add the sugar and stir until slightly caramelised. Add the soy sauce and peanut butter and stir through.
- Add a little coconut milk at a time until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Tastes best served immediately but also refrigerates and re-heats very well.