Makes: one 9-inch pie
This is a tasty lime-lover’s dessert. great for a special occasion or treat.
- 1 cup raw walnuts soaked for 15 minutes and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 4 dates pitted
- 2/1/2 tbs raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp high quality sea salt
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the crust ingredients together in the work bowl of a food processor with the blade in place and process until the ingredients forms a ball. Press into a 9 inch pyrex pie pan
- Wash and dry the food processor bowl and blade. Add the filling ingredients to the bowl with the blade in place. Blend the filling ingredients together in the processor, and pour over the crust.
- Place in freezer and allow to set for at least three hours or overnight.
- Take the pie out 10 minutes before serving and let it rest at room temperature
- Garnish and make pretty with some lemon and lime slices.