Courtsey: Cinzia (Nutrition Darling)
Here is a treat for a weekend breakfast. You can prepare the batter the night before when you are doing dinner so is ready to go for the morning. No mess, no fuss just pancakes cooking away. So easy for that special someone to cook them for you! What a great idea!
And why not come and get inspired with more of these wonderful recipes on our Nourish Restore Empower Retreat 20-22 March 2015. Click here for details.
3/4 cup Buckwheat flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1 cup rice/almond/ or soy milk
3 tablespoons raw cacao
1 tablespoon bee pollen (found in health food store – optional but adds protein to dish)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
15 mls natural vanilla essence
Coconut oil for frying
1. Combine buckwheat and rice flour in a bowl. I make my own flour using my Thermomix, so I grind the kernals and grains until they are fine enough to become flour. You can also buy these flours at selected shops.
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk the two eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence to the mix.
3. Gradually add the flour combo into the egg mixture.
4. Continue mixing your eggs while you stir in the raw cacao, cinnamon powder and rice milk.
5. On a small plate, mash the banana with a fork until it is a smooth paste. Add the mixture.
6. Heat a fry pan and melt coconut oil enough to cook pancake (usually 1/2 teaspoon for each)
7. Fry pancakes at a low to moderate heat.
Enjoy immediately with fresh seasonal fruit of your choice.
And of course if you love it share it!
And get that special man in your life to show his appreciation by spoiling you with this little breakfast treat. I dare you!