These squares have a creamy texture and suit vegans and those with a dairy intolerance that love a good cheesecake. Leftovers can be frozen, which is a bonus.
Makes approx 16
- 1 cup shelled raw pistachio nuts
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- pinch salt
- 3 cups cashews, soaked for 4 hours in water, then drained
- 1.5 Tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh are best
- 3 Tbsp shelled raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- Line 20cm square cake tin with enough baking paper for it to overhang two sides.
- To make the base, process all ingredients in food processor or power blender on low until roughly chopped and crumbly but soft dough starts to form.
- Press into the base of the prepared tin. Place in the fridge.
- To prepare the filling – place soaked cashews, honey or rice malt syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil and vanilla in a power blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Gently fold through half the raspberries and spread the mixture evenly over the base, then tear remaining raspberries into smaller pieces and press gently into the cake.
- Smooth top, cover with a piece of baking paper and place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours to set.
- Remove tin from the fridge and lift the slice out onto a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares.
- Serve topped with pistachios.
- Store any remaining slices in airtight container in fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
If you like it share it.