What I love about this fruit loaf is that it’s so easy to make and the use of grated raw pumpkin makes this cake extremely moist and delicious.
What it’s good for:
Pumpkin is a great source of carotenoid antioxidants and it’s also rich in omega 3 which makes it a perfect anti-inflammatory food. A number of age-related diseases have been linked to inflammation, including obesity, cancer, type 2 diabetes,atherosclerosis, arthritis, osteoporosis, depression and dementia. Eggs contain protein that can help repair and nourish your body + immune system.
Courtsey: Theresa Cutter
250 g grated raw pumpkin (2 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
¼ cup macadamia nut oil or light flavored olive oil or coconut oil
¼ cup honey or organic maple syrup
¾ teaspoon bicarb soda (baking soda)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup ( 160 g) raisins
2 cups almond meal
Garnish optional (walnuts, pecan, hazelnut )
- Preheat your oven to 150 C fan forced or 170 C no fan.
- Combine the raw pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, oil, honey, bicarb, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and raisins.
- Add the almond meal and mix through.
- Spoon into a prepared baking tin lined with baking paper. The size tin I used was 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Garnish the top if you like then pop into the oven.
- 1 1/4 hour or until cooked through. You may need to cover the top with a little foil if necessary.The top of your cake should spring back when touched.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Enjoy at room temperature alone
I hope you enjoy this one.
Let me know what you think of it!
Do you have any great recipes you could share?