A grain free option for breakfast. Serve it with almond milk, coconut yogurt, fresh berries and cinnamon for a great way to start the day!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 190C (fan forced) or 200C (conventional).
2. Blitz almonds and cashews into small pieces in a food processor or blender.
3. Warm honey and coconut oil in a saucepan until melted.
4. Add processed almonds and cashews and all remaining ingredients to honey and coconut oil. Mix till well combined and spread evenly on tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 15 mins, removing tray from oven every 5 mins to stir so all the ingredients are evenly browned.
6. Press the mixture together firmly in the tray to form a “block”
7. Allow to cool and harden before breaking into small pieces.
8. Store in airtight container in pantry for 3-4 weeks or fridge for 5-6 weeks.
* sprinkle a few tablespoons on top of fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt
* add 1tsp cinnamon or the seeds from 1 vanilla bean pod at Step 4 for a change
* substitute some of the almonds or cashews for your favourite nut eg brazil nuts, macadamias, walnuts etc