Great treat when you feel like something a little naughty but want to keep the momentum on your healthy lifestyle. This is a slightly different version of raw chocolate mousse to what I already have on my website, since it uses dates instead of bananas. I personally, love it with vanilla added and topped with berries.
3 x avocados
3 Tablespoon dark agave syrup (honey, pure maple syrup or coconut nectar can be used)
¾ cup tahini
6-8 Tablespoons Cocoa powder (or cacao powder) – carob can also be used instead
2 x cups of dates (if dried soak in hot water)
2 x tbs orange zest
- Place dates in the blender and process roughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend to a smooth mousse consistency.
- Refrigerate for an hour til set or eat it straight away.
- Top with roughly chopped macadamia/pecan nuts & sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Add some Cardamon powder for a delicate Middle Eastern twist.
- Add some freshly grated ginger for a bitey zing or some chilli.
- Top with fresh berries.
- Add some vanilla bean/extract or almond essence to the recipe.
If you love share it! And would love to hear your variations.