Natural Flu-fighting Tea Recipe
BRRRRR…..It’s cold and flu season, again!
And the classic natural medicine philosophy is “It’s not the germ, it’s the terrain”.
Which means that by building a healthy body and immune system it creates an environment that germs don’t want to live in. Prevention is key.
This means eating lots of fruits and vegetables, cutting back on processed foods and sugar, making time for exercise and getting enough sleep.
However, life doesn’t always go as planned and we can end up getting sick. Whether you’re just beginning to feel a scratch in your throat, or are in full-blown flu mode, this year try sipping on my homemade, immune-boosting, flu-fighting tea that kills bacteria, loosens mucous, relieves pain and allows you to naturally fight back.
- 3 cups of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 slices (3mm thick) of fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne (start with this and add more to taste…the more you can handle the better)
- 1 ½ tbsp raw manuka honey (can add more or less to achieve desired sweetness)
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Natural Flu-fighting Tea Recipe Directions:
- Add all ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes then rest for 5 minutes.
- Add honey and stir, adding more if necessary.
- Pour tea through a strainer and drink while warm.
Regarded for thousands of years in the East as a key to good health, happiness, and wisdom, tea has caught the attention of researchers in the West, who are discovering the many health benefits of different types of teas. – WebMD
If you like it share it.
Do you have any great cold remedies you would like to share…..quirky, funny, interesting. Just comment below.