Want to get the most out of your day and feel fantastic?
Morning mindset is key.
Start the day in a relaxed, conscious and connected way to hone in on how you want to feel, be and approach the day. It is so powerful.
So each morning allow yourself 1-3 minutes to put 2 feet on the ground and sit and breathe deeply to get into your body. Think and visualise what you want to happen over the day. Feel a sense of empowerment.
In the morning we tend to be more sensitive, so honour this in your choices.
Main principles are –
1. Don’t rush. Leave yourself enough time to act in a conscious, relaxed way as compared to disconnected and rushed. How you start the day has a big impact on it.
2. Mornings can be congested, so it is important to create this space by going to bed earlier so you can rise 30 minutes earlier.
3. Preserving this state where you are strong and focused on what you want to achieve can keep out other less desirable influences that distract you from what is really important.
4. Avoid watching the news first thing in the morning since it is often quite negative and throws you off your peak state for the rest of the day. Perhaps read the headlines later in the day if you need to.
I often start with a 15-20 minute meditation to set up for the day. However, as little as 2 minutes can be of benefit. Consistency is the key. Start small and do it regularly.
Ideas for meditation could be –
• Deep breathing or belly breathing with eyes closed.
• Internally chanting ‘om’ on the out breath.
• Visualising your our quiet sacred place, such as sitting by a river, lying in a meadow and seeing yourself taking time out there to set up for the day.
• Sitting outside or near a window or door with eyes closed listening to nature.
• Guided meditation, such as smiling mind, headspace, chopra meditation centre.
Or if your mind is racing – lie on your back with your legs up the wall at a right angle…… guaranteed to slow it down. This yoga move will kick in your relaxing (parasympathetic) nervous system.
Every day is the chance for a new beginning.
When you are quiet in the morning you are more in tune with your body.
And remember even if it is a small change it is a start and can make a real difference to your day.
NOW…..it’s time for you to take action!
For the next 30 days try it out and see if it makes a difference to your day.
Would love to hear what happened in your 30 day experiment!