Here is a great Mexican flavoured dish that’s fun to make and really excites the taste buds. Have it for breakfast as a treat or any time of the day.
- 8 large eggs
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 200g shelled & deveined raw prawns
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- dried chilli flakes, to serve
- 1 handful of rocket, to serve
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C
- In a bowl whisk eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add coriander, lemon zest and juice. Roughly chop the prawns and add to bowl.
- In small ovenproof frying pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat and add egg mixture. Slowly move a spoon around the eggs for a minute, then put the pan in oven for 4-5 minutes, or until eggs are slightly golden. The frittata will rise slightly and have a lightness about it.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Once frittata is cooked, remove from oven and slide onto a board.
- To serve, top with the avocado salsa, chilli flakes and rocket.
Sourced: Pete Evans