Just a little inspiration for breakfast. Make it the night before or trial it on the weekend. For an easy weekday version precook the millet and freeze it in portion sizes or store it fresh in the fridge ready to go. Millet is a great gluten free option.
- 1 cup millet
- 1.5 cups nondairy milk of your choice (almond, rice, cashew)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped (add pod when cooking then remove)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango (or peach)
- coconut syrup to taste, optional
- Combine millet, coconut milk, nondairy milk, vanilla in saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until millet has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add mango or peach to millet mix and heat for 3 minutes or until warmed. Stir.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Optional: Pre-cook millet in bulk to shorten cooking time. Store in 1 cup portion sizes in freezer or fridge. Adjust amount liquid to give the desired consistency.