This a great dish that is light, fresh and tangy and great for a lunch menu when entertaining guests or dinner.
100g cellophane (mung bean) noodles
750g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
2 red capsicum
1 red onion
1 telegraph cucumber
1 bunch fresh mint
Lime chilli dressing:
3 limes, juiced
30ml sweet chilli sauce
2 t fish sauce
2 t mirin
1 t sesame oil
70ml macadamia or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Soak cellophane noodles in water for 30 minutes or follow packet directions.
3. Add coconut oil to frying pan on high heat & seal chicken fillets, by cooking for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Place chicken on baking tray & cook for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Then transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil and place in fridge.
5. Deseed & cut capsicum into thin strips. Finely slice onion. Run vegetable peeler down length of cucumber and peel into long ribbons. Shred half the mint leaves and remove the remaining leaves from their sprigs. Combine all these vegetables in a large bowl. Cover and set aside.
6. Drain cellophane noodles and cook in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain & refresh with cold running water.
7. Cut chicken fillets diagonally into 5mm thick slices. Add to cellophane noodles and vegetable mixture with half the dressing and toss lightly to combine.
8. Lime chilli dressing: Combine lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, mirin, brown sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Gradually whisk in macadamia oil until the dressing is well combined and slightly thickened.
9. Transfer to large serving bowl or individual serving plates and garnish with cashews or pine nuts. Serve the remaining dressing separately.