Easy nutritious dessert – healthy & enjoyable.
- 2.5 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbs coconut oil
- 1 egg
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tbs cocnut oil
- 3 eggs
- zest 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven 140 deg C. Add all base ingredients to a bowl. Mix with a fork until sticky and dough like. Add more coconut oil if too dry.
- Press into 24cm pie pan and build sides to 1cm in height. Pack it down firmly.
- Bake in oven until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- To make curd: Add eggs and coconut oil to small saucepan and constantly whisk over gentle heat to avoid clumps and melt coconut oil.
- Add lemon juice, zest and stevia. Keep stirring until thick (approx 5-10 mins)
- Pour lemon mixture through fine strainer to collect lemon zest. Return the curd to the mix.
- Add to pie crust. Eat warm or set in the fridge…..your choice.
NB: To turn this pie into a cheesecake, bake in oven 160deg C for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to go golden brown.
If you like it, share it.