Hearty paleo style breakfast to help you ditch the bread addiction at breakfast or any time of the day really. Freestyle your own version! Simple and easy.
Yields: 2-4 servings
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g protein of choice (minced turkey, shredded roast chicken, kangaroo mince, beef mince, pulled pork, anything really)
- 2 cups butternut pumpkin, grated
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 4-6 eggs (adjust according to servings)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chives or parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Heat fry pan and add the avocado oil and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add the meat and cook until brown or warmed, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add grated butternut and spinach and cook until soft, about 3-5 more minutes. Press small pockets into the mixture, enough to fit the number of eggs you’ll be using. Crack the eggs into each of the pockets being careful not to break the yolks.
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes to get medium runny yolks. Adjust according to your desired outcome. Serve immediately & enjoy!