You can make this loaf every week and keep it in the fridge. Use it like bread. It is gluten free and high in fibre.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup LSA or ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cu[p psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp himalayan pink rock salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (160 deg fan-forced)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in measuring cup.
- Slowly add wet mixture to dry, stirring until well combined. If the batter is too wet, add extra almond meal. If too dry add more almond milk.
- Lightly oil a standard loaf tin (21cm x 11cm) with coconut oil, then coat liberally with extra almond meal to prevent it from sticking. Spoon batter into tin and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked. If the top is browning, cover with foil and continue baking until the loaf feels more solid than normal bread.
- When cooked, remove oven and cool in tin.
- Store in fridge for up to one week. It also freezes well.
- Zucchini Loaf – Grate 2 zucchini into a colander, add a pinch of salt and let it sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze dry, then add to the batter before baking.
- Carrot and Walnut Loaf – Fold 2 grated carrots, 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts, 2 Tbsp maple syrup or stevia powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla powder and 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg into batter.
- Date and Coconut Loaf – Fold 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 4 chopped fesh dates, 1 Tbsp maple syup or stevia powder and 1 tsp ground cinnamon into batter.