Nothing like a great stirfry packed with loads of great vegetables. Great way to get kids involved with cooking. Get them to help you prep the veggies while you chat.
- 250g fresh edamame (soy beans) or snow peas
- 1 Tablespoon macadamia oil
- 500g lean rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 200g snake beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, halved and finely sliced
- 2 bok choy, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon chinese rice wine
- Steamed brown rice or rice noodles, to serve
- spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Shell edamame and set aside or remove ends on snow peas.
- Stirfry beef in oil over high heat in two batches for 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Return wok to high heat. Add oil and onion and stirfry for 2 minutes. Add ginger and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add snake beans, capsicum and carrot and 2 tablespoons water and stirfry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender crisp.
- Return beef to wok with bok choy, reserved edamame and oyster sauce, tamati and rice wine and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately on steamed brown rice or toss through cooked rice noodles. Garnish with spring onions.