Is it time to get rid of your PMS? Did you know 75% women suffer from PMS headaches, mood swings, bloating that interfere with how they show up at home, work and in their relationships?
Are you one of the 75%?
Do you just take it on the chin? It doesn’t have to be that way.
Symptoms of PMS include –
- Mood swings
- Fluid retention
- Breast tenderness
- Sugar cravings
- Sleep disturbances
Of the 75% of PMS sufferers, 20% of these women have severe symptoms needing medication, over the counter or prescription, such as diuretics, anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, contraceptive pill, hormones and more.
Of the 75% of PMS sufferers, 8% of women have extreme PMS symptoms, called PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder), which means even more medication or stronger options.
Where do you lie in the PMS spectrum?
And remember it doesn’t have to be that way! There isn’t a genetic flaw in women, rather a few simple steps to align with natural flow of what should be. FIVE simple steps to get rid of your PMS to be exact. Here’s Kristen’s story.
Kristen was one of the 20% with severe PMS symptoms. She was on a cocktail of anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, diuretics and migraine preventers. PMS was now 3 weeks out of 4. It’d somehow got longer after having kids and entering her early forties.
She came to me depressed, fatigued, anxious with severe sugar cravings, which meant she was gaining weight fast. Which was the last straw that sent her to my clinic.
We did salivary hormone testing, blood tests for her essential nutrients and health markers. And I delved into Kristen’s patterns of eating, drinking, moving, sleeping, recharging and thinking.
Kristen was a big coffee drinker and binged on sugar most afternoons and evenings because she was exhausted and was trying to prop herself up. Then she medicated with red wine most evenings to calm her nerves.
At the core, Kristen’s real cause of PMS was a huge excess of oestrogen, which her body wasn’t clearing and low progesterone relative to her oestrogen.
Correcting this oestrogen progesterone ratio meant Kristen could say goodbye to:
- Joint pain
- Breast tenderness
- Heavy bleeding
- Dry skin
- Hot flashes
- Hair loss
- Memory problems
- Poor sleep
- Zero sex drive
- Gas & bloating
Kristen’s story is common and the solutions are relatively simple and drug-free.
Here’s 5 Simple Steps to Get Rid of Your PMS:
1. Clean up Your Drinking Patterns –
- Reduce caffeine drinks (coffee, tea, green tea, hot chocolates) to 1 cup per day (1 shot = 1 cup)
- Limit alcohol to maximum 1 per week and swap to a kinder form such as vodka, lime and soda. Alcohol at night stops your liver cleaning house and clearing excess oestrogens.
- Drink at least TWO litres water per day to help your body clear waste.
2. Clean up Your Eating Patterns –
- Increase vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds.
- Reduce sugar – lollies, breads, cakes, pasta – since excess sugar converts to fat if you’re not using it and increases your oestrogen levels.
- Eat quality protein at most meals – eggs, beans, tofu, chicken, fish, seafood, beef, nuts…. to keep your blood sugars more stable and help balance your hormone levels.
3. Get moving
- Exercise clears excess fluid and rubbish out of your body.
- Moves sugar from your blood stream to your muscles to make energy and heat.
- Aim for 20 minutes exercise daily, with heart rate of 180 minus your age, which means increasing exercise intensity until you can just speak.
- Daily deep abdominal breathing (in 4, hold 16, out 8) for 15-20 breaths, especially on waking and before bed.
- Get outdoors and be in the moment – wind in your hair, feet on the ground.
- Declutter your life, let go of what’s not working and replace it with what does.
- Self care scheduled in daily.
- Clearing excess bad oestrogens and oestrogen-like toxins has a huge impact on your hormonal health and PMS.
- It’s important to avoid heating plastics containing food or drink, which releases oestrogen-like toxins into foods and drinks. Opt for stainless steel or glass.
- My signature Gut and Liver Detox Programme can reset your hormones in six weeks. CLICK HERE to book in to get started today. 2 menstrual cycles and you’re sorted! PMS free. Great results guaranteed.
Thrive by aligning with your body instead of against it. If you need help to get rid of your PMS. CLICK HERE to book online today and let’s get you feeling PMS free in no time.
Naturopath, Life Coach, Pharmacist – Mt Martha – Feeling Great Health Solutions 0438593523