Courtsey: Cinzia (Nutrition Darling)
This could easily be the yummiest salad ever so give it a try when you are next looking for a special salad. Team it with any protein of your choice (chicken, haloumi cheese, fish, lamb, beef …..).
This is just a sample of what Cinzia & I will be creating and sharing with you at Nourish Restore Empower Retreat on 20-22 March 2015. Hope to see you there! For more details just click here.
• 4 figs, each cut in quarters lengthwise
• 2 cups baby rocket
• 1/2 small red onion, sliced
• 1 small green apple, grated
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
• 2 tablespoon hazelnuts, roughly chopped
• 1cm cube ginger, roughly chopped
• cracked pepper
• sea salt
1. In a bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, maple syrup and ginger.
2. Add the quartered figs and let marinade for 15-20 mins (you don’t have to let sit if short of time but flavour is better if you do).
And of course if you like it share it!