This easy eggplant stir fry has quickly become my go-to meal on evenings that I’m strapped for time. It’s really satisfying and warming, perfect for the colder months.
For the Stir Fry
- 1 block organic Tempeh diced into small pieces
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced into small pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into smaller pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil, for sautéing
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- optional sides: organic brown rice or organic quinoa to increase the protein
1. For the stir fry: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the sesame oil. Start off by sautéing the garlic, onions, mushrooms, and cabbage until they begin to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in tempeh and the rest of the vegetables. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover, turn off the heat, and let sit while you make the sauce.
2. For the peanut sauce: Add all ingredients into a High Speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the veggie and tempeh mixture. Enjoy!
If you like it…share it.