Yes an egg-free option for those of you out there who can’t tolerate eggs. I hope you enjoy it.
Makes 12 slices
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon psyllium
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 11 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, psyllium, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add chia seeds and 9 tablespoons of water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add to the dry mix with rice malt syrup, oil, bananas and walnuts. Combine well.
- Add water only if your mixture needs further combining.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutesor until it passes the skewer test.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
- If your loaf is too soft to slice, wrap tightly in glad wrap and store in the fridge until firm.
If you like it share it.
Does you have a great egg free recipe you would like to share? Just add to the comments below.