Feeling a little naughty. Well here is a healthy version of a chocolate brownie. So you can be healthy and naughty at the same time. Give it a try.
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 80ml macadamia oil
- 400g tin adzuki beans, drained and rinsed or 240g dry weight of adzuki beans, red kidney beans or black beans, soaked and cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 110g coconut or rapadura sugar
- 35g almond or hazelnut meal (you can grind your own)
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Put 75g chocolate and macadamia oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Process adzuki beans in food processor until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and process until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir chocolate mixture into the bean mixture, then sift over cacao and stir until well combined. Stir in sugar, nut meal and remaining chopped chocolate.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until just firm when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Would love to hear if you liked it. Just comment below.