Yummo….nothing like a great macaroon! Dairy, gluten and nut free for all those with intolerances. It makes roughly 16. I often double the mixture and freeze some for later.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 200g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C (140 deg C fan forced).
- Line large tray with baking paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Beat egg whites and maple syrup, using electric mixer for 5-7 minutes until thick and pale. Stir in orange zest, vanilla bean paste, salt and coconut.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of mixture onto lined tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
If you like it, share it.