Macca has a malted flavour with loads of health benefits for mood, libido and endurance. I often catch a few of my friends sneaking a few extra ones just to make sure they are bouncing for the rest of the day!
Makes about 14 balls
- 1 cup nuts of your choice (pecans, almond, walnuts, macadamia, cashew or a mixture)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 40g coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon macca powder
- 100ml tahini
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- extra chia seeds, for rolling
- shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place nuts, coconut flour, honey, cinnamon, coconut flakes, chia seeds, macca powder and tahini in a food processor or blender and proces until smooth.
- When motor is running, slowl add the melted coconut oil and process until well combined.
- Place extra chia seeds and shredded coconut in a separate bowl.
- Wet your hands a little and roll the mixture into small balls, then roll them in the chia seeds and sredded coconut.
- Refigerate for minimum of 20 minutes, or until firm. Enjoy!
NB: You can substitute spirulina powder for macca powder.