Sensationally zingy fresh salad that’ll get you looking fab for summer and beyond. Great to get the body into detox mode.
- 2 medium oranges
- 6 baby beets, peeled & finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale, remove coarse stem & thinly slice
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Peel baby beets and finely slice. Mix 1/2 of dressing with beets and marinate for at least 1 hour, if possible.
- Wash kale and remove central coarse stem and slice thinly. Place into large serving bowl.
- Add finely chopped fresh mint, parsley and basil to bowl. Set aside.
- Peel and segment oranges and roughly chop raw pistachio kernels.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients together and combine well.
- To serve, toss all ingredients together.
- Serve it with a protein of your choice. I’m a seafood girl…so steamed or baked fish, calamari or prawns for me. Also great with tofu, chicken, lamb…
If you like it share it.