A healthy spin put on a notorious favourite – chocolate brownie. Great for a treat or a celebration. And is also vegan.
- 2 cups pecans (or walnuts), processed into a flour
- 1.5 cups dates, soaked & drained
- 2 tbsp mesquite (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 2/3 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted & set aside to cool
- 2-3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Combine all brownie ingredients in a high speed food processor until dough is formed.
- Press dough into your desired cake tin and set aside in the fridge.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a high speed blender until very smooth.
- Pour over your brownie base and set in the freezer.
- Decorate with melted dark chocolate and chia seeds (optional).
- Allow 20 minutes to defrost before serving.
- Store in fridge for 3-4 days or in freezer for months.