This recipe was kindly donated to me by an inspiring client of mine Tina.
Who has managed to drop 23kg since we first met.
She looks fabulous! Thank you Tina.
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 1 T ground turmeric
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T ground cumin
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 long green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 X 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly and drained
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 X 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- salt to taste
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander
- lime juice to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan, stir in cinnamon, cumin seeds & cook for few seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in turmeric, coriander & cumin & cook for few seconds.
- Add onion & chillies & cook until onions are soft.
- Stir in mushrooms & garlic & cook for 3-4 mins until they collapse & soften.
- Add tomatoes, stir well & bring to a light boil.
- Stir in quinoa & water, cover & simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, season with salt, cover & simmer for another 5-10 minutes until quinoa is cooked & tender.
- Stir in spinach & coriander & cook until wilted.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice & a dollop of plain coconut yogurt (optional).
Let me know whether it tickled your taste buds?