Beautiful, nourishing soup for a cool winters day. Yum and refreshing. Thank you Andie for sharing it with us on 30 Day Nourish Restore Empower Challenge- very appreciated.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp tumeric, dried or 1 Tsp freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- water or stock, to cover chicken
- 1 whole organic or free range chicken, washed & skinned (or chicken pieces with bone)
- 4-6 handfuls vegetables of choice, diced (pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, carrot, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, chpoy sum, silverbeet…)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 large handful fresh basil, diced
- 1 large handful vietnamese mint, diced
- cracked pepper & sea salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, optional
- Heat large pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil, garlic, onion & turmeric & saute until transparent.
- Add water or stock & chicken. Bring to boil & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add vegetables, simmer for further 30 mins.
- Cool to room temperature, then remove all bones.
- Add lime juice, fresh herbs & salt & pepper to taste.
If you like it share it.