This is a great soup that the kids often go crazy for. So yum on a cool winters day.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 litre homemade or good quality chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced or grated
- 3cm (15g) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tablespoon tamari
- 400g free-range or organic chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg
- 310g can corn kernels drained or fresh corn cut from the cob (roughly 2-3 cobs)
- 420g creamed corn or fresh corn cut from cob & blended in food processor (roughly 2-3 cobs)
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 handful fresh chives, chopped
- Bring stock, ginger, garlic, tamari and chicken to the boil in large pot over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through (chicken will become tough if overcooked).
- Remove chicken from stock and shred with a fork.
- Whisk an egg in cup and add slowly to stock while whisking continually. so as to form small threads.
- Add creamed corn, corn kernels, green shallots, herbs and shredded chicken to the stock and return to the boil.
NB: Not suitable for freezing because of the egg. Keep in the fridge and consume within 2 days.
If you love it share it.