A simple spin on the old classic. Quick to make and packed with great nutritious ingredients.
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 green onions (shallots), finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 500g chicken mince
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut amino sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 230g fresh bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- Select six lettuce leaves and trim if necessary with scissors to make large cups. Place in a large bowl filled with iced water to crispen.
- Heat oil in a wok on high. Stir-fry green onion and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken mince and cook for about 5 minutes, until colour changes. Add coconut amino, tamari sauce, sesame oil and bean sprouts and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer immediately to a serving bowl and stir through coriander.
- Arrange lettuce cups on a platter. Spoon a little chicken mixture into each leaf and serve.
If you like it share it.
Do you have a variation on this that you love?