It is one of my favourite dishes of all time and is perfect during the colder months of the year.
Quinoa adds more fiber and protein to your meal. It contains all the essential amino acids and is considered a complete protein. If you are after more quinoa recipes. Then check out my recipes for Quinoa Fritters, Quinoa Salad with Roast Pumpkin and Quinoa porridge.
Serves 4 – 6
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion
- 1 celeriac bulb
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stems and leaves
- 1 can organic tomatoes (crushed or chopped)
- 1 litre organic chicken stock
- 1 cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 – 1 lemon, juiced
- Chop the onion, celeriac, fennel bulb, carrots and celery into small to medium pieces and add to a large pot.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and chicken stock to the pot.
- Fill the remainder of the stockpot with water, so it is covers the ingredients.
- Place pot on the stove at a high temperature with the lid on and bring to the boil, then simmer, covered for one hour.
- Add the quinoa and bring to the boil again, then simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and serve.
Note: I recommend adding the juice of 1/2 a lemon and checking the taste, before the adding the rest of the lemon.
What is your favourite soup? Would love to hear from you. Just leave a comment below.