A great variation on an old favourite.
For chilli chicken:
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 red capsicum, diced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1kg cooked chicken (organic or free range BBQ chicken), skinned, meat removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne peper
- 300mL chicken stock
- 800g cooked kidney beans (if short of time 2 x 400g tins, thorough washed)
- salt, ground black pepper
- coriander, to garnish
For the salad:
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed, drained and roughly torn up
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, flesh removed and diced
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced in thin wedges
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 2 red chilli, optional
- sea salt, pinch to season
- Heat oil in a pot. Fry peppers, onions and garlic until the onions become translucent.
- Add chicken, stir in tomato puree and season with paprika, cumin and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Deglaze with the stock and add the beans. Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, and season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad, drizzle avaocado with lime juice. Place all ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Serve chilli chicken with a big salad portion and enjoy.
Let me know if you like it. Just comment below.
Do you have a great recipe you would like to share?