This can form the basis of a soup. I dilute the bone broth by 50% to make stock, especially if I am using bones as well in the preparation of the soup. Or you can drink half a cup daily, neat warmed or cool to heal your leaky gut.
- 1.8kg raw chicken bones – necks, feet, wings
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, unpeeled & quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled & smashed
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 18-20 cups cold water
- Add all ingredients in a 10 litre capacity crock-pot.
- Simmer for 6-12 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, skim off excess fat. Scoop out solids and strain through a colander. Cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up in portion sizes for up to 3 months.
Sourced & inspired by Dr Axe.